Good Gentles! The Province of Golden Rivers cordially invites you to our Anniversary Banquet, located at the Carmichael Presbyterian Church, 5645 Marconi Ave, Carmichael, CA 95608 on Saturday, November 25th, 2023.
The Feast menu is a taste of Italy. Gate fee is Donation. Feast Tickets are $15 per persons ages 11 and up, children 10 and under eat free. Tickets for the feast will be on presale by ePay only (see link below). No tickets will be available at the door. Please contact the Feast Steward Mistress Brigit Ni Sheachnasigh if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies. In addition to our sumptuous feast, there will be Art & Sciences classes and a silent auction.
Event Steward SCA Name: Brigid O’Connor
Event Steward Legal Name: Rachelle Elwell
Event Steward Email Address: brigid@westkingdom.Org
On Site Autocrat: Vicountess Brynhildr Mardardottir
On Site Autocrat Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feast Steward: Mistress Brigit Ni Sheachnasigh
Feast Steward email: email@example.com
A&S/Classes: Sir Thomas Logan
A&S Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Silent Auction: Lady Ayla Zengerlin
Silent Auction Contact: Facebook @ Noelle Chipman
Close / Handicap Parking
Cell Phone Reception
Written Directions To Site:
GPS works well with this address.
From Hwy 50: Head North on Watt Ave. Turn right (East) on Fair Oaks Blvd. Then turn left (West) on Marconi Ave, then right (North) on Myrtle Lane, then right into the parking lot
From Hwy 80: Head South on Watt Ave. Turn left (East) on Marconi Ave. Then left (North) on Myrtle Lane, then right into the parking lot.
Amenities on Site:
Shopping near by
Modern Lighting: Street/ Walkway lights
We have several really awesome salons on offer during the day. These will be open all afternoon until the meal starts.
Mistress Moira will have an open scriptorium where you can come and get ideas or tips for your next calligraphy project.
Master Christopher (Mongoose) will have a sword display wherein you will be able to come and look at modern approximations of period swords and then learn where to buy the components to make a similar weapon for yourself.
Her Ladyship Cristeane will be working on an embroidery project and is offering to help others and talk about ways to make your project more period, more durable, and better looking.
We also have classes!
11am – Viscountess Katira will be teaching a class on Roman Jewelry (More than an hour to be able to do the hands on portion where you make a bracelet. The class is limited to six students. No cost, all materials provided)
12pm – Lady Linnet will be teaching Bayeux Tapestry Stitch
1pm – Lady Sigrun is running a Naalbinding class (up to 5 students)
2pm – Lady Sibyl is planning a lace demo with a variety of types to examine.
3pm – Mistress Marielle will be teaching basic lucet work (up to 8 students)
4pm – Lady Ayla is teaching Kumihimo and has kits with Golden Rivers colors (up to 5 people at $12 per kit.)
All afternoon – Viscount Thomas will be teaching a make and take class for lantern hangers for your pavilion. Two dollars for materials, up to 10 people.
There may be one or two additional surprises – I am waiting on confirmations. Come and enjoy the A&S portion of the event, even if you are not planning to eat!
The Feast menu is a taste of Italy and there will be 60 Feast Tickets available. All tickets have been sold!
The Feast is presented for your enjoyment. Vegetarian and Vegan options are presented in italics while items that must be pre-requested are found in bold. If you have any allergens, requirements, or other questions about the food presented below please reach out to Mistress Brigit Ni Sheachnasigh at least two weeks before the Feast to ensure that you can be accommodated if possible. Requests at the feast may be attempted at her discretion, but will be unlikely to have an available substitute.
- Foccia bread (vegetarian/vegan)
- flour, salt, yeast, olive oil, water, garlic, rosemary
- Vegetable beef stew
- roast parsnips, onion, celery, carrots, chicken stock, beef cubes dredged in flour, salt, pepper, powdered garlic, olive oil
- Lentil, pasta and leek soup (vegetarian/vegan)
- Olive oil, vegetable stock, leeks, carrots, celery, rosemary, bay leaves, brown lentils, salt, peperocino flakes, orzo pasta
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar dipping sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar
- Variety of cheeses (this will be determined by what budget is left)
- Vegetarian frittata
- eggs, cream/milk, provolene cheese, red and yellow bell peppers (roasted in olive oil), sauteed mushrooms and onions, feta cheese
- Ham frittata
- prosciutto ham, eggs, roast red and yellow bell peppers, feta cheese, cream/milk, provolene cheese, mushrooms, onions, salt & pepper
- Vegetable zucchini boats (vegetarian/vegan)
- zucchini, vegetable oil, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, chickpeas, plant based milk, vinegar, paprika, vegan cheese
- Lamb, cheese and vegetable zucchini boats
- zucchini, olive oil, onion, garlic, lamb, salt, pepper, feta cheese, opine nuts, bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese
- Polenta rounds – (vegetarian/vegan) fried in vegetable oil
- polenta, vegetable oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper,
- Pasta (style depending on budget) possibly regular spaghetti or fettuccine
- wheat semolina, salt, eggs, olive oil.
- I will have a small amount of vegan friendly pasta so I will need to know who requires vegan pasta.
- Pesto sauce (vegetarian/vegan)
- basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, salt, pepper, olive oil
- there will be containers of shredded parmesan that can be added at the table if wanted.
- Oil and garlic pasta sauce (vegetarian)
- olive oil, roast garlic, salt pepper, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese
- Roast chicken quarters with herbal breadcrumb topping
- chicken leg quarters, butter, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, dried rosemary, dried oregano, dried marjoram, olive oil, onion and garlic powder
- Apple tart with almond crust (vegetarian/vegan)
- almond flour, salt, coconut oil, ground flax seed, almond meal, coconut sugar, gluten-free flour, almond extract, lemon juice, Apples, apricot jam, cinnamon